This Saturday marks the third EdCampNJ at Linwood Middle School in North Brunswick, NJ. Almost 700 educators from around New Jersey and surrounding states will convene on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Think about that. Giving up a Saturday during the holidays to go… Learn!!! If this your first EdCamp — here are five things to go check out while you’re here:
1. Get some free breakfast and partake in a live #satchat . The three founders of #satchat (Scott Rocco – @scottrrocco Billy Krakower - @wkrakower & Brad Currie – @bradmcurrie) are in the flesh (and naturally are jersey boys) and will host an interactive dialogue while tweeting. Many “tweeps” will be in attendance as well. It’s always nice to put the names to the faces as well.
2. Show what you know and offer a session on the board. There are scads of opportunities to be had, ranging from the simplistic to really deep conversations. If you have that passion about something and don’t see it up on the board, go for it! You deserve to shine.
3. Check out the makerspace table. Meredith Martin (@geekyteach) will be showing all how taking simplistic parts and turning it into an arena of learning. It’s fun, it’s super cheap to pull off in any space, and you learn all about how tinkering invigorates the mind.
4. Eat some free pizza with new people and strike up a conversation. With so many people bringing something awesome to the table, why not gain new insight and make new friends at the same time?
5. Stick it out to the end and leave with an arsenal of resources. In addition to learning a hideous amount at the smack down, you can win a bunch of cool stuff. AND – you can get some high-fives from folks in black polo shirts!
Whatever you end up doing, make it s great day. Grow, learn, and move onward in your educational lives.